Frank B. Kellogg All School Reunion, 2019 Edition

Subtitle

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Favorite Teacher

Pam Hewitt
Site Owner

Who was your favorite teacher at Kellogg?

October 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Martha Hoover

Les Lueck, hands down!  Put in more time with kids than any teacher or administrator.

October 26, 2010 at 4:45 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Andy (Marchant-) Shapiro

Houtz (sp?).  He was smart and cynical.  But it's a close call--there were many good teachers in those days, from Jim Macaisek (sp?) to Benno Sydow (sp?) to Mr. Cameron.  I learned a lot from them all--more than I cared to admit at the time.

November 12, 2010 at 9:22 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cynthia Rogers

I remember Mr. Houtz too, but my favorite was Mr. Hogan.  He was killed in a bicycle accident many years ago....may he rest.

December 8, 2010 at 7:12 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Jeff Holbein

Chell Lundgren...

--
January 3, 2011 at 10:11 PM Flag Quote & Reply

gingerripple

John Grengs

January 25, 2011 at 11:30 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Janet Cleland Dullinger

Tom Tobey -- awesome tennis coach, but never had him as a teacher. He put up with so much crap from me, Barb Drake and Jackie Honeck...

January 26, 2011 at 7:46 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Kevin Everhart

Grengs, Houtz, Murakami amd Prey.... 

January 26, 2011 at 11:28 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Cynthia Rogers

My sister Joy had Mr. Houtz back in the 1960s.  She loved him.  Her job was mostly behind the scenes with costumes and such.  Don't know if she will come or not.  She's in TX.

February 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM Flag Quote & Reply

[email protected]

My favorite teacher was Jim Brevig. I understand he passed away from lung cancer maybe 5 years ago. Jerry Lateral is a close second, in my book.

June 27, 2011 at 8:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Diane Strandquist Sell

Mr. Leibenstein, Mr Prey, Willard Johnson...

July 6, 2011 at 11:00 PM Flag Quote & Reply

John Enger

It's a toss up.  Between Senorita McCabe....and my Dad.  The first- we all had a crush on, and the other- thinks his jokes are the absolute best.  And they're not.  And yes, I had Dad for 1 quarter. I couldn't hack Algebra 2, so I had to take intermediate Algebra.  Others include Jerry Lateral, Al Rainey, Sue Holthaus.    

--
July 8, 2011 at 2:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Cynthia Rogers

Cynthia Rogers at February 21, 2011 at 8:17 PM

My sister Joy had Mr. Houtz back in the 1960s.  She loved him.  Her job was mostly behind the scenes with costumes and such.  Don't know if she will come or not.  She's in TX.

I remember Mr. Brevig!  He was my woodshop instructor, nice man!  I use to babysit his little boy.  So much time has gone by.  I imagine he has children of his own by now.....

August 3, 2011 at 12:06 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Gary Borchert

Diane Strandquist Sell at July 6, 2011 at 11:00 PM

Mr. Leibenstein, Mr Prey, Willard Johnson...

Diane, I will agree with you on two of teachers you mentioned. Mr. Leibenstein and Willard Johnson but I have to add Warren Schueneman as my most favorite teacher. I think in the early years of Kellogg we had some of the best teachers in the system. A lot of them were at the begining of their careers and weren't fedup with teaching yet. We were blessed. To all of our teachers who may read this someday, Thanks for the years you gave to us you were the best.

Gary Borchert

Class of '66

September 1, 2011 at 11:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Brian Eads

Pam Hewitt at October 25, 2010 at 10:43 AM

Who was your favorite teacher at Kellogg?

With so many, how could you chose just one?

Jerry Latterell, John Grengs, Mr. Enger, Rod Tooley, Dale Cameron, and can't forget to mention my crush--Kathy Freihling!

Class of 86, where are you?

November 28, 2011 at 4:15 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.